Do Over

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Even better than the real thing

Meet Jeremy. The bartender at my wifi bar who I THOUGHT was gay. it looks like he wears makeup on his pretty eyes; he makes and wears jewelry. We’ve been friendly strangers for awhile, I’d noticed him, actually, before the bar became ‘mine’ and before I was single.

When he introduced himself Friday, he pulled up a chair and immediately put his hand on mine, hovered over my shoulder. We spent an hour playing with my laptop, taking turns at the keyboard, researching jewelry-making, Japanese jewelry-making metals, portable satellite radio, travel destinations, sushi spots in the city. My drinks were on the house and he gave me a flamboyant kiss goodnight on the cheek.

We bookmarked the best websites found and emailed them to his laptop so we could both continue the searches on our own, later.

Today, a message from him. He has my collarbone in mind for his next metal creation and I detect a hint of he’s not gay. Guess I’ll have to get better at reading signals. Too early to rebound but doesn’t hurt to let my neck tingle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home