Do Over

Wednesday, September 28, 2005


Don’t know where I’m goin’, know where I’ve been

It was probably not a good idea to open up “c:/My pictures/wedding photos” on the plane. The intent was to see if I could scroll through them without emotion. They’re just pictures. It’s just a day. The result was a closed throat and stinging tears; pretending I had something in my eye.

This was one of my favorite photos. A vivid moment, captured. Today, it tells a different story than it did a year ago.

When I saved the photos to my computer, I gave them names.

Trying Not to Cry: The moment my parents gave me over – following that glorious walk down the aisle, finally understanding the hype around being “the bride”

The feeling was pure joy. Overwhelming. Tears that said I can’t ask for anything more, this is it, we’re so lucky to be this in love it isn’t even fair. Trying not to streak my once-in-a-lifetime professional makeup job.

I’d still title it the same today. But it looks different now. Like people taking a gamble. A woman holding her breath. Praying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home